I've been trying to involve Olivia a bit in the kitchen, hoping that her participation in the process will lead her to be more interested in trying new things. With her diet basically limited to the typical toddler staples (cheese, yogurt, cereal, goldfish, and fruit) I'm attempting to get her to branch out!

I came across a recipe for baked oatmeal on Two Peas and Their Pod and thought that it might be right up her alley - oats, dried fruit, milk, applesauce... what's not to like? She loved helping me stir everything, and like any good baker, had to get a taste straight from the bowl.

The verdict? She actually ate a bit of the finished product for dinner, so I guess that it was worth the oatmeal bits all over the kitchen...
Although now I have to go vacuum and clean up the mess. Blah.

I came across a recipe for baked oatmeal on Two Peas and Their Pod and thought that it might be right up her alley - oats, dried fruit, milk, applesauce... what's not to like? She loved helping me stir everything, and like any good baker, had to get a taste straight from the bowl.

The verdict? She actually ate a bit of the finished product for dinner, so I guess that it was worth the oatmeal bits all over the kitchen...
Although now I have to go vacuum and clean up the mess. Blah.
1 comment:
What a good idea- maybe I should try this trick with Max. His diet is similar to O's.
Your blog looks great! I like the new colors!
Post a Comment