Friday, June 19, 2009

One Week

Well, we made it through our first week as a family of three! As I'm sure any new mom will agree, the first week is definitely an adjustment period. We're getting used to sleeping in shifts (max three hours at a time) and living like vampires since Liv is up all night and sleeps most of the day. We're starting to get the whole feeding thing down, which is making things much easier! Olivia had another doctor's appointment today and her jaundice is clearing up, so I'm certainly relieved about that :).

The thing that has amazed me in this past week is just how indescribably much I love my daughter. It is a love like I have never known, and every time I look at her I just melt. She is a total sweetheart, and loves to snuggle with us. We pretty much spend our days staring at her, ooohing and aaahing at how adorable she is and wondering about the person that she's going to grow to be. I feel so blessed that Olivia came into our lives.

No comments: