Monday, April 11, 2011

Good day, sunshine

Spring has sure taken its time to reach Seattle, but we've FINALLY had some gloriously sunshiny days lately.

Friday we took full advantage of the nice weather and headed to the zoo in the morning with BFF Maren (of course). The penguins were a big-time hit with the girls.




We also attempted the carousel. As you can probably tell from her face, she wasn't very impressed.


The highlight of the zoo trip? Watching airplanes, of course! The kid is obsessed.


We followed up the zoo with some three and four-wheeled fun.



(Is there anything cuter than a dad pushing his little girl on her trike? It makes me oh-so-happy.)

Saturday O came down with a horrible cold, just in time for Doug's birthday weekend celebrations. Boo. He still managed to have a pretty fun weekend, but unfortunately us two girls were stuck at home for the most part. Why is it that kids always get sick at the most inconvenient times (like when you actually have fun plans)? In summary, this is basically what our weekend looked like:

Happy birthday, Doug! Sorry I didn't take any pictures of your big 31st. But you'll all be glad to know that he enjoyed some of his favorites over the weekend: bikes, baseball, and beef.

Anyhoo, O is on the mend, and since we're sequestered away from other kiddos until she recovers we had some fun out in the backyard this afternoon.



(This dirt pile is my garden bed, which I'm hoping to get planted over next weekend. So domestic, I know. Last year was a complete garden failure but I have high hopes for this summer...)

How darling is this handmade sweater? My grandparents (O's great grandparents) sent it to her last year and it finally fits! Love.


Until next time, happy spring from (sunny!!!) Seattle :).

2 comments:

Christine said...

Grandma will love seeing that sweater on her. She might need some nonglittery shoes for playing in the mud---just a thought. Mom

Felicia Pines said...

That sweater is so friggin;' adorable. My not-so-domestic self, can't believe your grandma made that. I can basically thread a needle and mend holes (barely), so I am wildly impressed :).

PS: Love Christine's glitter shows comment above. hehe.