Saturday, August 28, 2010


Olivia and I were playing in the backyard this afternoon and I realized that she really is turning into a little girl. Where did my baby go? Stop growing, please!

I love this age. Sure, it can be frustrating... she knows what she wants but can't express it, which of course eventually leads to annoying whines and crazy tantrums. But, on the flip side, it's so amazing to watch her soak up the world around her. I feel like every day she learns something new.

She is pretty close to walking (standing up on her own but hasn't worked up the courage to take any steps yet). Still no teeth, though! What she lacks in teeth she more than makes up for in vocabulary; she knows hi/hello, bye, doggie (her favorite), cat, bird, monkey, airplane, belly, cheese, night night, flower, dada and (finally!!!) mama. It took her forever to say mama, but it came out real quick in a jealous fit the other evening when I was holding a friend's newborn! Girl definitely doesn't like to share her mama.

I've been working on finishing up her nursery (and even roped my mom in for help with some painting :), hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of the finished product soon!

1 comment:

Erin said...

shes so pretty!! Can't wait for you guys to come!

Finish her nursery?! I thought it was done! Can't wait to see the finished product. it was already darling..