Well, we made the big move up to Washington! For those of you who don't know, Doug was accepted into the MBA program at the University of Washington starting this fall. I'm so proud of him!
I've been a California girl since I was in first grade, so this is a big move for me. I'm excited to begin this new chapter in our lives, but I must admit that it's hard to leave Southern California (especially with Livvy in the picture now). I keep thinking of ending of the song Closing Time, which says "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...". So while it's difficult to end our time in California, I look forward to making a new life with our daughter here in Washington. I've heard lots of promises of people visiting us, and I hope that you all know that I'm holding you to that!
I spent my last days in CA dragging Olivia around and introducing her to everyone, which was a lot of fun! My Aunt Maureen flew in from Arizona to meet our little princess.

We also made it over to Amber's house so Olivia could meet her future buddy Ben. He's two weeks old and absolutely adorable!

I stayed with my parents in OC while Doug made the drive to Washington (having a newborn is a great excuse to get out of an 18 hour drive!). Livvy spent lots of time snuggling with my family, and I was totally spoiled by two built-in babysitters and home cooked meals :).

My mom's birthday fell on one of the days that I was staying with them. While out at a celebratory dinner, we came across a beautiful ferris wheel. Olivia was absolutely mesmerized by the lights!

On my last full day in Cali I took Livvy to Kelly's bridal shower. She's getting married in Pleasanton in three weeks, and we can't wait to celebrate at her wedding!

These girls are some of my very best friends in CA. It's so hard to leave them! They are truly an amazing group of girls, and I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

Well, off to meet with some contractors for improvements we're making to our beautiful new house! I'll leave you all with this photo of Livvy in her sun hat... too cute!

I've been a California girl since I was in first grade, so this is a big move for me. I'm excited to begin this new chapter in our lives, but I must admit that it's hard to leave Southern California (especially with Livvy in the picture now). I keep thinking of ending of the song Closing Time, which says "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...". So while it's difficult to end our time in California, I look forward to making a new life with our daughter here in Washington. I've heard lots of promises of people visiting us, and I hope that you all know that I'm holding you to that!
I spent my last days in CA dragging Olivia around and introducing her to everyone, which was a lot of fun! My Aunt Maureen flew in from Arizona to meet our little princess.

We also made it over to Amber's house so Olivia could meet her future buddy Ben. He's two weeks old and absolutely adorable!

I stayed with my parents in OC while Doug made the drive to Washington (having a newborn is a great excuse to get out of an 18 hour drive!). Livvy spent lots of time snuggling with my family, and I was totally spoiled by two built-in babysitters and home cooked meals :).

My mom's birthday fell on one of the days that I was staying with them. While out at a celebratory dinner, we came across a beautiful ferris wheel. Olivia was absolutely mesmerized by the lights!

On my last full day in Cali I took Livvy to Kelly's bridal shower. She's getting married in Pleasanton in three weeks, and we can't wait to celebrate at her wedding!

These girls are some of my very best friends in CA. It's so hard to leave them! They are truly an amazing group of girls, and I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

Well, off to meet with some contractors for improvements we're making to our beautiful new house! I'll leave you all with this photo of Livvy in her sun hat... too cute!

No comments:
Post a Comment